Give us a call: (941) 244-0477
We understand that cleaning hardwood floors daily may seem impossible or over-exaggerated. But, dry mopping your hardwood floors on a daily basis will prevent dust and dirt from accumulating which will keep your floors from being scratched and make weekly and monthly cleanings easier. Dry mopping typically involves using a microfiber cleaning pad or cloth attached to the end of the cleaning apparatus. Dirt and dust cling to the microfiber making it simple and efficient to use on a daily basis. Dry mopping daily also helps reduce the amount of dust which leads to less irritating allergies.
During the weekly routine, use a vacuum or mop to get the hard-to-reach places like corners and underneath furniture. You must be extra careful with both vacuums and mops. Be sure that the beater bar is turned off on the vacuum cleaner to avoid scratching the surface of the flooring. A soft bristle floor brush is the best choice for vacuuming wood floors. When using a wet mop, barely dampen the surface of the wood with a safe hardwood cleaner. It’s extremely important to prevent any water from pooling or beading up on the floor, as water is never good for hardwood floors. Interiors Associates of Florida does not advocate the use of steam mops for cleaning hardwood floors.
OTHER CARE TIPS
- Keep pets’ nails trimmed and paws clean
- Remove spikey shoes before walking on hardwood
- Use blinds or curtains to prevent harmful UV rays from discoloring your floors
- Never use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax, or citrus household cleaning products for cleaning hardwood floors
- Place protective felt pads on legs of furniture to prevent scratching
- Place floor mats in areas of high pressure or entrance/exit spaces